This agreement is made between K9 Kind and the dog owner. We have recently added COVID-19 Protocols located near the bottom of this document. To view our COVID ACTION PLAN, click here for PDF Document.
In the consideration of the sum of one dollar and of the covenants and agreements herein, both parties agree as follows:
This agreement is being made in anticipation of K9 Kind carrying out dog training activities as established between the parties and is made to ensure the health and welfare of all persons, animals and property with which the dog being trained may have contact.
The owner warrants that they are the legal owner of the dog.
1. The owner warrants that the dog has up to date core vaccinations which include DAPP, distemper and rabies and bordetella as recommended per Canadian Veterinary Medical Association.
2. The owner is solely responsible for all expenses incurred for any harm caused by their dog(s) while in the care or custody of K9 Kind. This includes but is not limited to bites, bodily harm, article and property destruction to humans, other dogs, or the property itself. The owner will not hold K9 Kind liable/responsible for any problems, expenses, negligence, accident, incident, or death that might occur and the owner agrees to be solely responsible for any harm their dog(s) cause.
3. The owner agrees to assume 100% financial responsibility for all medical costs, including, but not limited to veterinarian treatment, surgeries, and medications, that are deemed necessary for whatever reason by K9 Kind while in the care or custody of K9 Kind if the owner or their emergency contact cannot be reached.
4. When coming into K9 Kind’s facilities or any place agreed to by the parties that training will take place, the owner must have the dog(s) on leash at all times unless otherwise instructed by K9 Kind.
5. The owner is solely responsible for any and all fines levied if their dog(s) licensing requirements are not valid.
6. The owner agrees not to bring their dog(s) to any facility, or agree to the dog(s) being in the care of K9 Kind, if they suspect that he/she has any illness such as kennel cough, eye infections, transmittable diseases, etc. for the health of all of the other animals. K9 Kind agrees to do everything in their power to prevent medical costs from being levied by sanitizing all areas regularly and requiring vaccinations, etc. from other animals. In the event that any illness occurs the owner will not hold K9 Kind liable/responsible for any problems, expenses, negligence, accident, incident or death that might occur.
7. The owner agrees to divulge any history of aggressive behavior their dog(s) has ever displayed to K9 Kind. Aggressive behavior includes without limiting the foregoing, growling, snapping, biting, and nipping.
8. K9 Kind agrees to work with the owner and the dog(s) to improve the dog’s behaviour without the use of harsh physical reprimands or positive punishment. K9 Kind will use only science-based, force-free reinforcement methods or non-physical punishments that focus on teaching desired behaviours. K9 Kind does not believe in the use of physical punishment of any kind as a means of training.
9. K9 Kind agrees to respect the dog(s) and the owner at all times.
10. The owner indemnifies and saves harmless K9 Kind from any damage or damages that may occur or be caused by the owner’s dog to property, possessions, or to any person or persons, or other animals during the duration of this contract being the time that K9 Kind is working with the dog. The owner further warrants and guarantees that no action whatsoever will be brought against K9 Kind in regards to the dog’s actions. Further, the owner on behalf of his/herself, all residents, visitors, or anyone who may come in contact with the dog(s), the owner’s heirs, personal representatives and assigns, hereby releases, discharges, indemnifies and saves harmless K9 Kind and it’s volunteers, staff from any and all claims, causes of action and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with the training of any dog(s).
12. Should any provision or clause in the agreement be found to be not valid or enforceable by law, such provision shall be severed from this agreement with the remaining provisions remaining in full force and effect and binding upon the parties hereto.
Cancellation, Refund and Rescheduling Policies
It is our business practice to provide and plan for our clients with planning and care and we respect your time with us, and we request the same from our clients, which is why the following cancellation policy is in place.
Classes and Workshops – Due to limited space in our classes and workshops, cancellations made less than 5 days prior to the start date of the class or workshop are non-refundable. Cancellations made 5 days or MORE in advance to the start date, will receive a 50% refund. If you are unable to make one or more of the sessions in your class schedule, a refund for an individual class is not provided. The classes are booked as packages and the spot in class is held for you whether you are there or not. Please understand that these classes have a limited number of spaces and we plan our spaces and teaching resources around the spots filled.
Private Training (1 on 1) – Due to high demand for private training, cancellations made less than made 3 days (72 hrs) or more in advance to the service date, will receive a 50% refund. If you are a no-show and are not present at our arrival at your home, the service fee is non-refundable. If you have any questions or concerns about our cancellation policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to reschedule, you are able to do so in your account or by contacting us.
Exceptions are made for sick or injured animals or extenuating circumstances, however, be aware that classes will be paused and no refunds issued in the case of another COVID-19 shutdown, but the services you have purchased will be honoured.
NEW! COVID PROTOCOLS
- A Maximum of 12 individuals may attend one class or appointment at Royston Hall
- Clients, guests or other persons using or occupying the premises are required to comply with the protocol.
- Clients are required to provide their first and last names, telephone number, and email address, of the patrons who attend the class or appointment.
- K9Kind monitors and controls access to classes and appointments.
- K9Kind provides sufficient space available to permit the patrons to maintian a distance of two metres from one another
- K9Kind will ensure hand sanitization supplies are readily available to patrons.
- K9Kind cannot be held responsible for any unfortunate transmission of a virus like COVID between patrons.